For many of you, day 1 is wrapped up. I'm winding down here so thought I would check in with you to let you know how I did on the goals...
1. 5 servings of fruits/vegetables a day - DONE
Spinach in morning protein shake
Apple with morning snack
Cauliflower, kale, and cabbage in my stir-fry lunch
Banana/blueberries with greek yogurt as a snack
Cauliflower, sweet potatoes in curry for dinner
love it. I'd like to see some more greens in my day.
2. 64 oz+ water daily - DONE. As my mom says, I always drink water like a horse. (And pee like one...TMI?)
3. Limit alcohol *at your discretion - - Did not drink today, don't usually drink during the week.
4. Limit added sugars - No packaged snacks for me today. Had a piece of dark chocolate after dinner, hit the spot.
5. Protein at every meal (eggs, tofu, beans, meat, seafood, nuts, etc) - DONE.
Breakfast: whey protein in smoothie
Snacks: Hard-boiled eggs, greek yogurt
Lunch/dinner: beans, quinoa, avocado, nuts
6. Strength train/circuit 2x/week - Got one of mine in today! Started the day with Crossfit.
7. Cardio x3/week - Also got one session in today (overachiever, I know). I went for a 30 minute run this afternoon. I'm training for a half, and now full, marathon so I had to get this in.
8. Do something to make you smile everyday - Yes. Check my instagram Bananasadvntures - coming home to fresh flowers did the trick.
So now that you know ALL about my day in the Challenge and that I was a huge overachiever..tell me about your Day 1. Biggest success? What are you struggling with so far?
Beit Bari xo Anna